February 25, 2008

Moved

Both emotionally and physically. My little cancerian self did not appreciate being pried out of one well-decorated shell and forced into a new one down the interstate. Suddenly the idea of owning a house seems like a blissful solution rather than a multi-ton albatross. Oh well, that’s a worry for next year. Now I get to re-feather and justify the purchase of a new shower curtain. (This apartment bathroom has a completely different ambiance from the last, I assure you.)

A funny little blip on the moving scene—I’m without cable till Saturday. I told myself that I’m a music junkie and a reader so I’ll be fine. Then the DVDs were among the first things to be unpacked and I keep surfing the Internet at work just because I can. I’m slightly embarrassed at my inability to unplug. I mean, I know I’m a TV/movie geek, but I also practice yoga and own approximately eight boxes of books. (Heavy, heavy books.) What does it say that I keep having the impulse to press down repeatedly with my right thumb while looking at flashing lights?

Ah well, Ms. Sheryl Crow will see me through. I purchased her new album Detours yesterday to help fill the media void. I am predisposed to like her new music as I love most of her previous ventures and own all the albums. Her folk sound is especially my favorite so this album was, no doubt, written for me. It’s been a while since I loved an album at first listen. (Listening is like dating, if you’re going to be fair you should really give the fellow more than one chance to impress you.) This one had me with the first song. The fact that there were more to enjoy on the album just seemed like delirious true love. Which, as the lady says, is free. (Plus, a woman named Crow...)

Check the lady’s site for free listens: http://www.sherylcrow.com/

No comments: