February 18, 2008

Life Does Not Wait for She Who Packs Boxes

So I’m moving at the end of this week and have had no time for anything but packing. I get to work and around the second cup of coffee I decide to check the turtles to see if there is anything new. Apparently you all went tag happy whilst I was justifying how many pairs of shoes I own. Anyway, I’ll try to do catch up in between, you know, working at work.

Tag 1

(1) Grab the nearest book that has 123 pages in it
(2) Go to page 123
(3) Find the fifth sentce
(4) Type fifth sentence and next three
(5) Tag whomever

The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition (Hey, I’m at work and all my books at home are packed.)

In dealing with the chapter contributors, a publisher may in some circumstances use an agreement of the same type, especially if the contributors are to receive royalty shares.
All such agreements, though, need to be modified to reflect the particular allocation of responsibilities between editor and contributors. Alternatively, in appropriate circumstances, publishers can use simpler forms (such as fig. 4.3), closer in style to journal author forms (see fig. 4.2). Finally, it is possible to use work-made-for-hire agreements for these persons, although that is the least common solution.

I think I shall write a murder mystery novel called “The Least Common Solution.”

2 comments:

murat11 said...

Glad to see that you've caught up with all the work that REALLY counts.

That Chicago Man-uel: he is one helluva stylish prose poet, even after his fifteenth round of nip and tuck surgery.

Not moving to Venus, I trust.

Anne said...

I’m moving on up to the East side. (Finally, pie!)
No drastic Vermont moves for me right now, I’m just switching apartments in the face of economics. I’m moving closer to the place of work, which means I will officially no longer be in the loop. Eek! You know, you never think it’s going to happen to you…