December 10, 2009

Christmas Tag

1. What is your Favorite Christmas Movie?
“Her Majesty’s Secret Service”

2. What is your Least favorite Christmas Movie
“It’s a Wonderful Life” (That’s right. That’s what I said.)

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Sting’s version of “I Saw Three Ships” is currently my favorite.

4. What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Okay, for some reason, everywhere I go this year they are playing “Little Saint Nick” by the Beach Boys and it is starting to get to me.

5. What is your favorite Christmas drink? (e.g., egg nog, hot chocolate)
Mimosas

6. What is your favorite Christmas memory?
I’m not sure I have just one…but the Denver Christmas where everyone was there and we were all tripping over cousins and I got to experience real snow and we were overwhelmed with good food…that was a good one…

7. What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Hmmmm…my doll house was pretty neat…I had the bike Christmas…then there was the iPod Touch I got last year…

8. What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
I got a purse from a well-meaning aunt during my least girly-girl phase. Of course, now, if she would like to buy me a purse…

9. What do you LOVE about the holidays?
I like how the most random people just say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you as you go about your normal routine. During the times when we would normally just ignore each other, in December you start chatting and wishing each other well.

10. What annoys you about the holidays?
People who automatically assume the holidays are going to be a huge burden and consequently miss all the fun.

11. Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
I have a really pretty star for the top of my tree.

12. What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Pecan tasties

13. Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
I’m a Who, socks and all.

14. Christmas light displays—love them or hate them?
The more ridiculous the better

15. Santa's at the mall—fun times or creepy?
Okay, I admit it, I’m a little scared of the mall Santa.

16. Christmas cards—do you send them, yes or no?
Yes

17. What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
The family getting together and showering each other with attention.

18. What is the worst thing about Christmas?
This year: snarky Target commercials.

19. When do you put the tree up and take it down?
I think I’m going to skip the tree this year because I’m not sure where it will fit in my little apartment, but I know the big tree is waiting for me at Mom’s.

20. Out of the 12 Days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?
Hello? Five golden rings!

21. Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
A little too much nog in her egg.

22. Who is your favorite reindeer?
Blitzen: the German reindeer

23. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Yep, and I’ve been very very good.

24. What is your favorite smell at Christmas time?
Whatever’s cooking in my Mom’s kitchen.

25. What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
Everybody happy and healthy at home.

No comments: