September 29, 2007

Writing is to Love

My love comes sputtering
and faltering like an
engine that won’t turn over.
I throw myself at the problem
and bounce off its side
as it lumbers toward some
elephant graveyard.
My love comes quietly
and temperamental like
lightening on the horizon.
I dither in a low sung
protest to the universe
that fails to convert even me.
My love comes contrived
and overwrought as a forced metaphor.
I donate two dollars to light the candle
and contemplate Darwinian plumbing.

1 comment:

murat11 said...

From St. Google:

"Vatican speaks out against Harry Potter, Darwinian evolution, indoor plumbing."

And:

"Triangular probability density function dither was only preferred to rectangular probability density function dither at very low bit rates..."

Nothing about protests.

Did you tutor Mr. Berryman? Methinks you did.