January 1, 2009

2009

I was just talking to a friend on the phone and she read me the resolutions she wrote for herself last night. Rather than, “exercise more” and “pay off debt” type of resolutions she had big ideals written out succinctly to go towards the ultimate goal of being a better person. My favorite one of hers was, “Graciously accept the graciousness of others.” I’m going to do that too. I like her style of resolutions so in that spirit, for 2009, I’m going to

Appreciate

Appreciate who I am, the people I know, all that I have, and all the adventures life throws at my oh-so carefully laid plans.

(I’m also going to exercise more and pay off debt.)

Happy 2009

2 comments:

Lee said...

Great resolution Anne! I need to do more of that too.

Hope you have a really happy year this year!

Cheers!
Lee

jsd said...

You are awesome - just call us anytime you start to doubt that.

lol - I only laugh in appreciation at the carefully laid out plans. Being an ultimate planner like yourself - I've begun to let some of this go, while still keeping a general destination in mind; I'm a little more willing to follow the "sun".

Exercise the bane of desk jobs :)